Milwaukee Podiatrists Treat Bottom of Foot Pain
Milwaukee Foot Specialists Explain Bottom of Foot Pain Causes and Treatments
Bottom of foot pain causes typically involve injury. The pain can range from annoying to debilitating, but is often easily treatable by our Milwaukee podiatrists. If you suffer from bottom of foot pain we suggest you request an appointment right away to meet with our highly skilled and personable Milwaukee foot specialists. We will perform a thorough examination to diagnose the cause and severity of your foot pain. Next, we’ll provide a range of treatment options which will be most effective for your specific condition.
Bottom Of Foot Pain Causes
Aside from injury, there are a variety of other causes for bottom of foot pain. Conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and tarsal tunnel syndrome can cause tremendous foot pain and discomfort. Other bottom of foot pain causes may include:
- Bunions: Some people have a big toe which angles toward the other toes rather than going straight. This can be caused by an injury or genetic foot deformity. The misalignment causes a lot of pressure and stress on the big toe. A bunion is a firm bump which forms at this point. Bunions are red and swollen, causing the toe to have poor mobility. Tight shoes often contribute to bunions.
- Gout: Gout is caused by increased uric acid within a joint. It is the most common in the joint between your big toe and foot. Gout causes severe pain, redness and swelling. It’s very painful for you to move the toe or put weight on it. Gout is becoming more prevalent in the United States, due to obesity, high blood pressure, insulin resistance and elevated blood fats.
- Turf Toe: If toes are planted firmly while the heel is raised, the downward force can bend the big toe backward. This can tear ligaments at the toe’s base. Turf toe most often occurs in football and soccer players. Usually, it can be treated very conservatively with rest, ice, raising the foot and anti-inflammatory medication like ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) or naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn). It can take weeks to recover from turf toe, depending on the severity of the toe injury.
- Sesamoiditis: Sesamoiditis is often caused by inflamed tendons around the toe bones. The big toe has 2 small, rounded sesamoid bones which flex the toe. Dancers, cheerleaders are most susceptible to Sesamoiditis.
- Foot Arthritis: The joint between the big toe and foot often becomes arthritic. Foot arthritis worsens over time due to wear and tear. Arthritis can also develop from chronic foot misalignment. If bunions or gout cause serious inflammation, arthritis can strike there as a secondary painful addition.
Need Treatment for Bottom Of Foot Pain? Our Highly Skilled Milwaukee Foot Doctors Deliver the Most Advanced and Effective Treatment Options
Our Milwaukee foot specialists approach foot pain with an unsurpassed multidisciplinary approach. Our foot care specialists take the time to explain all details of your condition, including causes and treatment options. It doesn’t matter if your podiatric or orthopedic ailment is simple or complex, Great Midwest Foot and Ankle Centers is there for you every step of the way.
Great Midwest Foot and Ankle Centers delivers the most advanced and highly effective surgical and non-surgical treatments. Great Midwest Foot and Ankle Centers treats you in a manner which is both professional and compassionate. We are the foot specialists Milwaukee and surrounding areas turn to first for diagnosis and treatment.
Our Wisconsin orthopedic surgeons and podiatrists have foot and ankle clinics conveniently located throughout the Metropolitan Milwaukee area. Our foot and ankle pain relief clinics are located in Brookfield, Franklin and Bayside. We also have working relationships with leading local hospitals. Wherever you live in Southeast Wisconsin, our Milwaukee orthopedic and podiatry specialists are there to help.